How do you give an old wood floor a fresh new look? The Swedish floor-care company, Bona, has come up with a new concept to inspire homeowners to renovate and update the look of their floors. It’s called Bona Inspiration and it consists of five stylish looks that reflect emerging trends – all developed in cooperation with Swedish trend analyst, Cay Bond.
Renovate or replace? It is an agonizing decision for many homeowners. Floor styling with Bona Inspiration offers a unique solution. It gives consumers the best of both worlds by delivering fashionable new looks – everything from brushed and oiled finishes to pale lacquered or dark rustic looks – without the cost or environmental impact replacing the floor.
The concept was developed in close co-operation with the renowned Swedish trend analyst, Cay Bond. Cay believes that a home showcases your personal identity more than anything else. “The floor has an incredibly important role to play in this, and a cleverly restored floor can change a room and a home dramatically,” she says.
Guided by Cay’s eye and expertise, the new range offers visual effects that are in line with emerging trends. Moreover, homeowners are not restricted to making minor modifications to their existing floors. They can also create a brushed and oiled effect where none existed before.
Bona’s Product Manager, Patrik Mellnert, sums it up neatly:
“By using Bona Inspiration to style your floors, you can do magic with an existing floor in just a few hours.”
- The concept includes the Nordic Shimmer range, with its four stylish variants that capture the tranquil Nordic spirit.
- For a choice of three rustic looks to bring out your inner garden, choose Garden Atmosphere.
- In contrast, New Modern is a style for comfort and self-expression that goes beyond trends and traditions.
- Malibu Dreams is the essence of California: warm and welcoming, free-spirited and rustic, but above all chic.
- Finally, there is Touch of Grace for when you want to keep a hectic lifestyle calmly grounded.
Marketing Director Retail EMEA and APAC Jessica Nissander explains:
“We wanted to make it easier for homeowners to change the look and feel of their homes, and our floor styling range does just that. You can choose between different looks and styles and create a whole new feeling, just by renovating your floor.”
Bona also offers a unique service that puts homeowners in touch with local Bona Certified Craft